The oil, gas, energy and resources sectors have many decision support needs that relate to valuation, economic and risk modelling and related advanced quantitative approaches, including:
- Creating differentiated investment imperatives that will appeal to specific types of investors.
- Taking uncertainty and risk into account in an integrated way in business planning, decision-making and investor communications.
- Reflecting uncertainty in cost estimation, budgeting, capex planning and contingency estimation (e.g. incl. discovery risks, uncertainty of timing of project starts, portfolio effects etc.)
- Portfolio sizing and optimisation (e.g. optimal sizing of for E&A portfolios, aggregate reserves calculations)
- Integrating business planning with risk assessment: optimally balancing conservatism with optimism.
- Reflecting uncertainties in schedules, discoveries, and resource constraints.
- Optimal business planning considering financial constraints.
- Optimal decision-making, real options and valuing flexibility (e.g. appropriate forms of subsurface testing, value of information analysis and Bayesian techniques)
- Optimisation of resource deployment and of asset portfolios.
- Optimisation of capital structures.
- Volumetric uncertainty estimation.
- Mapping volume to non-linear cost curves (e.g. switching engineering designs according to volume).
- Production forecasting and modelling (e.g. decline modelling, operational breakdown possibilities).
- Schedule risk analysis and integrated cost-schedule risk modelling.
- Price forecasting.
- Incentive scheme optimisation e.g. design of fiscal regimes, production sharing agreements etc.
- Integrated business cases and valuation modelling: volumetrics, capex, opex, production, profits, taxes.
- Business cases, valuation, and uncertainty modelling of new technologies (oil recovery, unconventional gas, wind, bio-fuels etc.)
- Financing issues (e.g. debt modelling, project finance, supporting of equity raises, use of non-conventional financing techniques).
- Tax calculations and optimisation.
- Advanced valuation techniques (combining cash flow, uncertainty analysis, real options etc.)
APPLICATIONS BY SECTOR OVERVIEW
BACK TO HOME PAGE
TAKE ME TO THE CONTACT FORM, PLEASE!